La Escuela offers Spanish lessons to both children and adults in a private or group setting.
- Adults' lessons are 60 minutes in length. Young children's lessons are 30 minutes.
- Each student is placed according to his or her level.
- Lessons cover conversational Spanish, grammar, and punctuation.
- The instructor uses a direct method to teach students the correct pronunciation of the Spanish language.
- Younger students learn through hands-on activities, including songs, games, puzzles, puppetry, and coloring.
- Lessons for adult students include grammar, conversation, and discussions regarding current events.
Reading and comprehension is one of the key factors in the process of acquisition of a new language. Through reading the individual acquires new vocabulary and a better understanding of the grammar structure that improve overall his or her communication in the second language.
At La Escuela, the Spanish books used are designed to make new words easy to grasp. The books chosen reflect the student’s level and particular interests, with the goal of helping him or her to improve Spanish comprehension and communication while keeping being engaged and entertained.